For today’s post, I wanted to highlight 5 authors that I really wish I had read before now. But I will get to them this year!
- Edward Abbey. Given that he’s from Utah, that he wrote about Utah, I really feel like I should have picked up something by him before. This year, I’ve got Desert Solitaire on my TBR list, picked for the Book Riot Read Harder Challenge, and I will start it soon.
- Margaret Atwood. She is everywhere this year, with The Handmaid’s Tale TV adaptation and the release of Hag-Seed. It’s the latter that caught my eye, with my fascination for all things Shakespeare.
- Octavia Butler. So many good reviews, so much to choose from, but I’ve never picked up any of her books. No good reason here, so it’s time to change this.
- Rachel Carson. I’ve only recently gotten in to nature writing, so it’s perhaps not surprising that I haven’t read any of her books before now, but with all the political changes, I think it’s time I got educated.
- C S Forester. I love me a good adventure at sea story, but Horatio Hornblower? Haven’t read him. Time to change that.
Really, this list could be a lot longer, but there’s a limit to what I actually think I can read this year. What about you? What authors have you always meant to pick up, but never actually tried?