Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
Hey fellow readers! This week’s prompt was about most anticipated releases of the end of the year, but I haven’t got a clue about new releases. Instead I’m to my own way.
10 + 2 Books I Haven’t Packed Yet (and so I might read before we move.)
It’s a little blurry, but I couldn’t get a better shot, so I hope you can read it. Here we go, from the top.
1. The Indifferent Stars Above: The Harrowing Saga of the Donner Party by Daniel James Brown. Non-fiction, challenge book. *
2. The Mutts Diaries by Patrick McDonnell. Comics. *
3. Beowulf, transl. by Seamus Heaney. Poetry.
4. The Rising of the Moon by Gladys Mitchell. Mystery. *
5. Cane by Jean Toomer. Literary fiction, BLM.
6. Rain: A Natural and Cultural History by Cynthia Barnett. Non-fiction.
7. Schindler’s List by Thomas Keneally. Non-fiction.
8. First They Killed My Father: A Daughter of Cambodia Remembers by Loung Ung. Memoir, challenge. *
9. Mighty Justice: My Life in Civil Rights by Dovey Johnson Roundtree. Non-fiction, BLM.
10. The Crusades Though Arab Eyes by Amin Maalouf. Non-fiction.
11. The Asylum: A Novel by John Harwood. Suspense.
12. Say You’re One of Them by Uwen Akpan. Short stories.
Books with stars are the ones I’m going to try to read before we move. I’ve been reading a lot of intense emotional stuff, so I’m taking a little break for some nature and science books. But after that I think I’ll jump into the Cambodia book. It’s going to be hella depressing, but I think it’s an important subject & I keep putting it off. I can follow it with the Mutts book.
I think we’re down to 2 weeks before we move, so it’s getting real! I’m not sure how much I’m going to be on here, but we’ll see how it foes! Until next time, happy reading!