Has this happened to you? You’re reading a book, and suddenly, you find a character that becomes more than a character, they become a person. They become real. You know what they look like, what they sound like, how they act, even how they think. And you think, ‘Yeah, I’d totally like to meet that person.’
So I’ve come up with my list of 5 people – and it was not easy to get it down to just five – that I need to meet. I don’t know if it’s a dinner party thing, or hanging out, or a long heart to heart conversation, but I need to meet these people. Like, really.
- Carswell Thorne, Cress by Marissa Meyer. You know you wanted to add him to your list, but I got him first. OK, you can add him too. Yes, Wolf is fiercer, Scarlet is more bad ass, Cress is more adorable, but Carswell is the one we all want to meet.
- Minerva McGonagall, Harry Potter series by J K Rowling. She’s tough, but she has such a dry sense of humor. I’m dying to know what she really thought about things. If she would let her hair down and really open up, you know she has some great stories to tell. I would LOVE to hear them all.
- Hermes, Percy Jackson series, Rick Riordan. He doesn’t get as much ink as Ares or Poseidon, but he seems like a fascinating guy. What makes him tick? What’s it really like there on Olympus? I want to know!
- Sazed, Mistborn series by Brandon Sanderson. Sazed is this awesome figure in the series who supports everyone and learns and studies and plans and goes through all this stuff and then his story just takes this astounding turn right at the very end! I loved him so much.
- Rapunzel, Rapunzel’s Revenge by Shannon Hale. I love steampunk, and this feisty version of our heroine is so much fun. She’s just so real and so much more believable than the Brothers Grimm version who just waits in a tower for some dude to come rescue her. This one rocks and I love her!
So I’m tagging anyone who wants to use this meme because I really want to see what someone else comes up with! Have a great weekend, readers!