- A really hyped book you’re not interested in reading?
The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee. I know I’m in the minority here, but it doesn’t sound like something I’d like and I keep hearing about it everywhere. I get it already.
2. A series you won’t start/won’t be finishing?
Delirium by Lauren Oliver. It seemed to be deliberately designed to be the next big thing, and it was pretty big, but it was so sappy! I just couldn’t get into it at all.
3. A classic that you’re just not interested in?
Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy. Depressed Russian housewife has an affair and then kills herself. Wow, now I’m depressed. No thanks.
4. Any genres you never read?
Politics. Yuck yuck yuck. It’s nothing but name-calling. Celebrity tell-alls. Don’t care. Erotica. Not for me, thanks. Self-help – except that my book club keeps picking this and I *never* like it, I just feel inadequate and guilty.
5. A book on your shelves you’ll probably never actually read?
I like to think there aren’t any, but probably that Once and Future King by T H White will be there 5 years from now, a little dustier, and still unopened.