Some characters you love, some you hate, some you love to hate, but then there’s characters that just made you cry. Here’s my picks. (Might be some spoilers!)
- Auri – Kingkiller Chronicles by Patrick Rothfuss. Ari is sweet, vulnerable, and elusive. Her story, The Slow Regard of Silent Things, was simply magical and yet completely heartbreaking.
- Rosemunde – Doomsday Book by Connie Willis. No spoilers here, but Rosemunde is a little girl in the 14th century. Trust me, it’s a tearjerker.
- Sabriel – trilogy by the same name by Garth Nix. This was a great series, but it pushed the emotional buttons.
- Cedric Diggory – HP4 by J K Rowling. Sure, there were other deaths that were worse, but this was the first.
- James Herriot – All Creatures Great and Small by James Herriot. This one was not so much this character as all the situations and clients he meets. If you haven’t read this series, you really need to.
- Nobody Owens – The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman. I loved this one. I don’t remember if I actually teared up, but I did get emotional.
What was on your list? Which characters made you cry?