Having trouble defining a character? Try this quiz and see what you learn. Go with instinct – don’t think too hard. Your subconscious knows this already.
- If you character had to choose between love and duty, which would they choose?
- What makes your character really angry?
- If you character was with a loved one and danger approached, what would they do? Run? Hide? Protect?
- If your character got bad news, who would they tell first?
- What time of day is your character’s favorite? Why?
Your characters should be a mix of positive traits and negative ones. A character that is all good or all evil is not interesting or believable. The reader wants someone they can identify with.